Subject: Re: LW 5.0 new features
From: [email-masked] (Frank Aalbers)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:32:13 -0700

lightwave ([email-masked]) wrote:

 l> Improved IK capabilities
 l> Inverse Kinematics now has active goals and goal weighting, so you can
 l> animate goals and simulate joint friction.

Hehe ! Finally to target objects to other objects ... But it can become
very slow when used with alot of objects .

 l> compensation and muscle flexing to give increased realism to object
 l> deformation.

Muscle only works on Piching .

 l> MetaNurbs and MetaBalls
 l> MetaNurbs combines the ease of polygonal modeling with the power of
 l> Nurbs
 l> modeling. Metaballs makes organic modeling easy by allowing you to
 l> "rough-out" a shape with metaballs, then apply one plug-in to create a
 l> smooth, natural shape.

Metanurbs is FANTASTIC !!! You can model a handshape in no time ...

Metaballs is sadly only a modelertool and not animatable . But still a very
good modelingtool .

 l> Data sharing between Layout and Modeler

Maybe this was fixed , but didnt work on our version .

 l> Other additions
 l> There have been several improvements to the interface, such as faster
 l> redraw
 l> for wireframes,

And its REALLY faster !! :-)

Actually ... so manny new features that you keep forgetting to use them ...

:-)

One negative thing with OpenGl though . You cant manipulate in the
previewscreen when using open GL .

Its also allways those little features that make life easyer , like you can
now constantly center the views (Front,Top,Side) to an object or
whatever . Great to tweek animation on objects in Flight ... and more .

Frank Aalbers